Self-Administrator® for the Electro Flo® 5000
Self-Administrator® – Product Information and Instructions for Use
Please click here to download the PDF version of this document
The Self-Administrator® is a strap that holds the Electro Flo® 5000 Airway Clearance Device power head. With the Self-Administrator®, a person can apply CPT directly on their back, unassisted, and precisely where needed for immediate relief.
The Self-Administrator® can be used by anyone with manual dexterity.
- Place the Self-Administrator® on a flat surface with the opening toward you and the Med Systems logo on top.
- Open the Velcro closure and insert the Electro Flo® 5000 power head as shown.
- Tighten the Velcro closure securely.
- Place the Self-Administrator® with the bottom cover of the power head against the back wherever needed.
- Adjust the straps to fit your reach, keeping the straps taut and the Electro Flo® 5000 tightly against the back. If the power head slips, pulling toward the chest will correct the position.
- Turn the Electro Flo® 5000 to the desired settings on the control box. Adjust as needed.
- If you assume the postural drainage position, adjust the straps and your grip in order to keep the bottom cover of the power head firmly against your back.
- When treatment is finished, remove the power head and allow it to remain in stand-by position on a lint free surface, before turning off.
- Remove Electro Flo® 5000 head before cleaning the Self-Administrator®. To clean the Self-Administrator®, wipe down with soap and cool water or hand wash in cool water and air dry out of direct sunlight. To disinfect, wipe surfaces with alcohol.
Med Systems, Inc.
2631 Ariane Drive
San Diego, CA 92117
Med Systems warrants the Self-Administrator® against defective materials or workmanship for life.
MADE IN THE USA
We are a family-owned company providing respiratory care solutions since 1976.
The Electro Flo® 5000 can help you treat the following conditions: